Automated / command line compiles of jobs.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Cowmix
Charter Member
Charter Member

Automated / command line compiles of jobs.

Post by Cowmix »

I think I saw a post where the answer was "no".. but I just want to ask again to be sure..

I am creating some scripts that check jobs (and other DSX files) out of a version control system and then imports them into a Datastage instance under a specific project. Is there anyway to have those jobs compiled automatically after the import?

thanks!
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi Cowmix,
The answer is again a 'NO'. There is no automatic compilation of jobs after a import.
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

After your Import . . . .You can compile multiple jobs (all / some jobs in a project) through DataStage Designer or Manager -> Tools ->Multiple Jobs Compile

Thanks . . . Bryceson
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi..
Yes there is a Multiple job compilation of the jobs but not the automatic compilation.

Code: Select all

After your Import . . . .You can compile multiple jobs (all / some jobs in a project) through DataStage Designer or Manager -> Tools ->Multiple Jobs Compile 
Thanks
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Or you could get the DS Server Batch job on my website that lets you run a DS job that compiles jobs according to some parameter values (folder, jobname match, uncompiled state). Just run that as part of your scripted process. It's multi-instance enabled, so multiples can run simultaneously to compile your jobs. Just supply a unique identifier when running. If you have 500 jobs in 4 folders, run it for each folder and compile 4X faster. :wink:
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle