internal error 990000 while compiling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

guysma
Participant

Post by guysma »

I'm working in the MF environment,
While generating the COBOL code I get this error:
"Error: 990000 an internal error has occurred. Contact Technical Support."
(All the stages checked OK it occurs while writing the outputs files)
ashwin141
Participant

Post by ashwin141 »

Hi

Can you please elaborate more on your job design and error, it will be easy for us to help you.

Regards
Ashwin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or perhaps you should contact Technical Support. Sounds like one of those 'unexpected as it should never happen' kind of error.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

This usually means there is a problem somewhere in one of the stages that for some reason does not get caught during the validation until the code actually starts to be generated. You can try contacting support, but I find that it's usually quicker to isolate the error myself. Create a copy of your job and start removing stages until the error goes away. Your error will be something specified incorrectly in the last removed stage.

Mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that you have write permission to the folder where the COBOL and JCL are to be written (configurable, so you might also like to try a different location). Check also that the disk is not full and that there are no quota restrictions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.