Oracle error during load.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle error during load.

Post by seanc217 »

I am loading data into an Oracle database. When I get to the end of the load I get an error as such...

Ciramst_to_Oracle,0: GenericQuery:esqlErrorHandler
Prepare failed for: GenericStmt_7
query is: SELECT banner FROM V$VERSION
sqlcode is: -3135
esql complaint: ORA-03135: connection lost contact

I am trying to determine if this is because of DataStage or is this a network issue. I think I know the answer, I just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this.

TIA
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Looks very much like an Oracle error to me. Please let us know what you find out.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Its a database error. Google 'ORA-03135' and you will get to the core of the problem.
Regards,
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This can be really simple - bumped into one yesterday, failing to connect to Oracle in a different time zone, where they were doing the database backups, so had quiesced the database. Or it can be complex. Ultimately you have to discern why something is timing out.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.