Lookup is failing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ratan Babu N
Participant

Lookup is failing

Post by Ratan Babu N »

Hi,
In my Job, I am doing a Lookup on a field which is Date 10 but my source is Date 8 . Will it Pass the record.If not how can i pass the Look up.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They must be 100% compatible. Make it so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
iamnagus
Participant

Post by iamnagus »

From the lookup reference, Apply like this:
Link_Name.Date[1,8] and do the lookup with source.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt that this will work; the [ ] indicate a substring operation, but the data type is date, not string.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
iamnagus
Participant

Post by iamnagus »

[I doubt that this will work; the [ ] indicate a substring operation, but the data type is date, not string]

Ray,

You are right. while giving the answer, i had not put data types in mind.

Regards,
iamnagus[/quote]
kura
Participant

Re: Lookup is failing

Post by kura »

I double [] will work. If it data type "DATE", then there is no "DATE" of length 8 and "DATE" of length 10. "DATE" is Date, there is no significance for length.

My assumption you are using two field of one with char(8) other wth char(10). Then you must make same length and contect same format.

[quote="Ratan Babu N"]Hi,
In my Job, I am doing a Lookup on a field which is Date 10 but my source is Date 8 . Will it Pass the record.If not how can i pass the Look up.[/quote]