Basic Transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Basic Transformer stage

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

Iam using a basic transformer stage in a job , when a job aborts due to error raised by routine in basic transformer stage , when I try to reset the job and run it again it is aborting again saying the following error

BASIC_Xfom_RL_Not,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

To run the job again successfully , I am recompiling the job again and running the job successfully . Is there a way if a job aborts due to basic transformer to run the job by resetting rather then recompile the job and run it again.

Thanks
SomaRaju.
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't know. Reset is available. Have you tried it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Basic Transformer stage

Post by mctny »

somu_june wrote:Hi,

Iam using a basic transformer stage in a job , when a job aborts due to error raised by routine in basic transformer stage , when I try to reset the job and run it again it is aborting again saying the following error

BASIC_Xfom_RL_Not,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

To run the job again successfully , I am recompiling the job again and running the job successfully . Is there a way if a job aborts due to basic transformer to run the job by resetting rather then recompile the job and run it again.

Thanks
SomaRaju.
Unfortunately Basic transformer stage in a parallel job creates problems like that, I also have similar issue, the best way to solve your problem is to replace the basic transformer stage with a regular transformer.
the second way is to write a script in unix such that when the job aborts compile it by using datastage command and rerun the job, I am not sure it is practically possible though,
Thanks,
Chad