Unable to see jobs in the repository

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Unable to see jobs in the repository

Post by kris007 »

Hi All,
All the jobs in the project seem to have vanished :( well atleast not visible even in Manager it shows 0 jobs in this category but when I select the recent jobs it opens up well.I am right now taking an export of the project not really sure if it really takes the job exports and because some of the jobs are open I am not able to take an export of them.
Any idea of what might have happend and if there is any way of restoring the project please suggest me.
Thanks in Advance.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

I believe your issue are corrupt indexes. You can search this forum for steps necessary to correct this issue, but I believe it requires getting everyone out of the project (all DS applications) and rebuilding indexes via DS.TOOLS.

I'm sure others will chime in, but I believe these are the basic steps.

I have never had this happen in EE, but I believe you would follow the same steps as with server.

Regards,
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Thanks Mhester,rebuilding indexes solved the problem :) .
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Design objects, whether for server, parallel or mainframe jobs or job sequences, are all stored in the same location, namely DS_JOBOBJECTS.

Similarly, routines whether server or (interludes to) parallel routines, are all stored in one place, namely DS_ROUTINES.

The point is that index corruption can affect client interaction with any type of job or other component. DS.REINDEX (or the equivalent menu option from DS.TOOLS) is the right way to address index corruption, but only if you have exclusive access to the project and there are no design-time objects open.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.