node_node3:partition 0 of 1 on node 3 terminated unexpectdly

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bryan
Participant

node_node3:partition 0 of 1 on node 3 terminated unexpectdly

Post by bryan »

etl server is a cluster of two system with each configured as two nodes in datastage. Only one job aborts which reads from a sequential file and loads to four different tables on sql server

the error message i get is
failure during execution of operator logic
and node_node3:player1 terminated unexpectedly.

where as when i run the job only against the initiating system 2 nodes, job runs successful. There are other jobs which load to oracle fine but i have not tested loading two oracle tables at the same time against all four nodes.

any thoughts
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try the keyword for search as "player terminated unexpectedly" you can find a lot of post reg this.
This is a intermittent problem, most likely due to the over load of the server. Else Your Job moniter might have screwed up the scenario.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

here is one of the player termination topic, viewtopic.php?t=101628

you can try cleaning up resources through Director, or set Disable_job_mon to true,

I believe this is a DS bug which happens intermittently, so I really suggest you to contact them,

thanks
Cetin
Thanks,
Chad
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

But you can always speak to your support. They can give you a secrete patch :wink:. (Based on the pressure you create to them :wink: )
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'