Partioning Data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harishsj
Participant

Partioning Data

Post by harishsj »

Hi,
I am relatively new to both datastge and dsxchange.Can anybody suggest me where i could find documents to understand in what scenario's what type of partioning is to be used :roll: .
Harish Jahagirdar
Hsbc Global Technology
Process Technology & Infrastructural Solutions
mouni
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mouni »

I think to start with you can go through Partitioning section of Parallel Job Developer's Guide which comes with DS Client installation.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Harish,
Welcome Aboard :D
As suggested you have the detail explainatin in the pdf comes with the client installation.
Else you just give a search, you can find more useful information available here in this forum with real life scenario.
Happy Searching. :wink:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Take the IBM classes (DataStage Essentials EE and Advanced DataStage EE). The first gives an overview, the second goes into more detail. The advanced class was written in conjunction with the certification examination, so is useful as preparation for that test.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.