Datastage Repository Interface

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meena
Participant

Datastage Repository Interface

Post by meena »

Hi ,
Good Morning, I have to migrate jobs from 6.0 to 7.5. I am trying to open Datastage designer based version 6.0 user id and password. But I am not able to get in. I am getting this message : "Your client version 7.5.1 is not compatible with the installed server version 6.0.1". I like to know why i am getting this message and what this means? I am not shure the kind of jobs we have here(1st day in this company). As it is an EE, i posted here.

Thank you.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You cannot use ver. 7.5.1 client to connect to 6.0 server. For more clarification, refer to this post.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

If the DS server is already upgraded to 7.5, then you must use the 7.5 client to open the jobs. If they upgraded the server in place with existing projects with jobs, then the jobs "are" upgraded. Whether they will work is a different story.

If the DS server is version 6.0 and you need to copy them to a new DS server at 7.5, you'll take an export using a 6.0 client connected to the 6.0 server, then using a 7.5 client import the .dsx file while connected to the 7.5 server.

No matter what, you'll need to do all necessary 7.5 "fixes" on the 7.5 server and client.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Thanks a lot Chuck Reid and Kenneth Blend. I got it.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

You also need to switch between the two clients on your machine. this is done using a client switcher.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That assumes that the two client versions were installed to two completely separate locations on your PC. If your old client was upgraded to the new version (the default), then this is not an option.

Unless you reinstall the old client. To a different location, of course.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

What do you mean by a seperate location?

I guess if you install both the versions in your machine they both get installed inside the Ascential folder. And you need to make that switch whenever you try and switch between the clients.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

What do you mean by a seperate location?

I guess if you install both the versions in your machine they both get installed inside the Ascential folder. And you need to make that switch whenever you try and switch between the clients.

am i right?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're not right.

They get installed wherever you specify, as part of the installation process.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Good morning, We have two different servers for 6.0 and 7.5.1. And we are using Multi client manager to switch between these two versions for servers.

Thank you,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... in other words... you have no issue? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Datastage designer based version 6.0 user id and password.

Hi Meena,
The issue is not with the credentials but with change in versions. Hope you got necessary feedback form this post.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'