reading 4 rows as one

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thatiprashant
Participant

reading 4 rows as one

Post by thatiprashant »

hi guys,

i am working with a credit card details,,i get the data in 4 rows, with one as amount, cardnumber, cv2 number and a filller record,,i need to read this as a single row so that it can show as single transaction,
help in this is very much appreciated..

thanks in anticipation
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

If the rows are in a table, you're going to have to group and merge into a single row using SQL. Or, if it's in a file, you're going to have to use an Aggregation step to merge the rows.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
thatiprashant
Participant

Post by thatiprashant »

kcbland wrote:If the rows are in a table, you're going to have to group and merge into a single row using SQL. Or, if it's in a file, you're going to have to use an Aggregation step to merge the rows. ...
THANKS FOR UR reply...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... or use a constraint such as Mod(@OUTROWNUM,4) = 0 on the output link of a Transformer stage, accumulating the four values in stage variables.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
poonamgoyal
Participant

Post by poonamgoyal »

what exactly you want to say? i am not getting it. Can you please elaborate?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do a Inverse Pivot based on the transaction id. Do a search on the to know available various methods.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'