DB2 Write Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peeyushanand
Participant

DB2 Write Error

Post by peeyushanand »

Hi all

We had a h/w problem as a result of which we had to reinstall our partitioned Db2 Database again. We are/were using SSH for connectivity b/w the etl server and the db2 server

Now after reinstallation of partitioned db2 we are facing a problem that we are able to read from db2 in our job but at the time of writing this error is being shows

1. main_program: The section leader on ADMINBCU died
2. main_program: **** Parallel startup failed ****
This is usually due to a configuration error, such as
not having the Orchestrate install directory properly
mounted on all nodes, rsh permissions not correctly
set (via /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts), or running from
a directory that is not mounted on all nodes. Look for
error messages in the preceding output.

We have checked that ssh and even rsh is enavled on the system

We have made no changes on the ETL server during the period db2 was down.

Any guesses to the cause and solution of the problem

Thanks in advance
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

We are having the same problem today. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you. The only thing I can suggest is to check if you can ssh or rsh between your servers. I believe that DataStage uses one or both of these utilities as part of its communication. Right now, we cannot manually rsh or ssh between our etl and database servers. My guess is that if we get that resolved, DataStage will start working again. Hopefully it is the same issue with you.

Sorry I can't help more than that. Unfortunately, our system was taken down just a few minutes ago for some maintenance issues and I cannot test anything.

I'll make you a deal :wink:, I'll post our resolution if you'll post yours!

Good luck!

Brad.
n839787x
Participant

Post by n839787x »

Are your public and private keys set up correctly between your two servers (i.e. your app and your database server).

If your servers aren't talking then one solution is to reset keys. Your UNIX SA should know how to do this if you don't already.

Also did you try to ping your one server from the other. Are they recoginizing one another.
Chris Rosser
http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisrosser
Owner - Stonebridge Technology Group
Linked In Group - Datastage (InfoSphere) Users Group
chris.rosser@charter.net
peeyushanand
Participant

Post by peeyushanand »

bcarlson wrote:We are having the same problem today. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you. The only thing I can suggest is to check if you can ssh or rsh between your servers. I believe that DataStage uses one or both of these utilities as part of its communication. Right now, we cannot manually rsh or ssh between our etl and database servers. My guess is that if we get that resolved, DataStage will start working again. Hopefully it is the same issue with you.

Sorry I can't help more than that. Unfortunately, our system was taken down just a few minutes ago for some maintenance issues and I cannot test anything.

I'll make you a deal :wink:, I'll post our resolution if you'll post yours!

Good luck!

Brad.
Hi Brad

We had absolutely no issues on the unix side. We were able to do rsh or ssh through the unix side.
Our issue was that due to new DB2 installaiton the names of directories had changed. We found this out through doing a check on Configuration file in Manager.
I hope your problem was solved after the rsh or ssh were enabled

Peeyush
pneumalin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Why fail??

Post by pneumalin »

Hi everyone,
Can you please shed some light on the following issues:
We upgrade the DS Server from 7.5.0 to 7.5.2, and all the DB2 PX jobs don't work any more. We kept getting Time-Out when DS launch "rsh". We wraped rsh with ssh, so the DS is actually using ssh. We check the Configuration File from Manager, and get the exactly same time-out issue.
However, we are able to do "ssh" from etl server to db2 server, but NOT the other way around.
We had another DS Server/DB2 Server set with the same "ssh" access, and it worked fine without update.

Please help!