Creating xml

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

medakiran
Participant

Creating xml

Post by medakiran »

Hi folks,

I'm trying to create an xml.
What i'm doing is getting data from an oracle table and trying to create an xml. I'm able to create the xml, but, for some reason, the first column is missing in the xml. i.e., if i have 8 columns defined in the table definitions, i'm getting only 7 in the xml created. i'm missing the first column for all the rows. Kindly help me.

Thanks.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Creating xml

Post by sud »

medakiran wrote:Hi folks,

What i'm doing is getting data from an oracle table and trying to create an xml. I'm able to create the xml, but, for some reason, the first column is missing in the xml. i.e., if i have 8 columns defined in the table definitions, i'm getting only 7 in the xml created. i'm missing the first column for all the rows. Kindly help me.

Thanks.
This will have something to do with the way you imported the metadata. When you imported did u have 8 columns ?
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
medakiran
Participant

Post by medakiran »

sud wrote:
medakiran wrote:Hi folks,

Thanks.
This will have something to do with the way you imported the metadata. When you imported did u have 8 columns ?
Yes sud, i'm importing all the 8 columns.
rajeevs
Participant

Post by rajeevs »

Check the Description column on the right of transformer. Check if the column names for the missing column is the same as the other ones..