SAS Stage limit in DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jatayl
Premium Member
Premium Member

SAS Stage limit in DataStage

Post by jatayl »

We're running DataStage 7.5a in a AIX box with multiple processors. Now that I got that out of the way, my question:

Is there a limitation in DataStage on the number of SAS stages in a particular job. We have a job that has 36 SAS stages, and when we added the 37th stage, the job aborts. The job runs successfully with 36 stages in it. We've taken out stages in the middle/beginning/end to see if that had anything to do with it. If you're wondering why we using so many SAS stages, we use them to create Model Scores.

Here is part of the error message:

eq_np_obtm_scr,2: APT_SAS_Driver in eq_np_obtm_scr (APT_SAS_Driver): output dataset 0, SAS library member dsoutput: dataset never opened by SAS.

eq_np_obtm_scr,2: subprocess failed with exit code 5,APT_SAS_Driver in eq_np_obtm_scr

eq_np_obtm_scr,2: Operator's runLocally() failed

When we look in that particular offline sas job for the sas log, it was never created.

Thanks for your input.

Jason
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I expect you are running into a configured limit in SAS rather than a DataStage limitation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.