Status Codes returned by dsjob

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Status Codes returned by dsjob

Post by mavrick21 »

Hi ,
I wanted to know what does the status codes 0,1,2,20 returned by dsjob command when run from command line stand for ?
These status codes are being used in the unix script which calls the job using dsjob and the is stored in $? and is switched to the appropriate case.
Can i know where i can find more information about these status codes ?
Thanks
-Mav
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Check thispost out. It has a script in which these error codes are handled. This should be of some help.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mavrick21 »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.I went through that post and i find that only job status are given in that sample unix script and not the status code.
Correct me if i am wrong - I find that the job status and status codes are different. The status codes are the ones that are returned by dsjob command and which i can echo using $? in the unix shell. To get the job status i need to use dsjob -jobinfo Project Job.
I wanted the various status codes and their meanings.
Can u plz clarify on this one ?
Thanks
Mav
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

No. The job status becomes the status code of the command when you use -jobstatus along with the -run. Otherwise it will just return either a 0 or a 1.
Then to read that jobstatus you would use $?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I dont know, for some reason I couldnt reach the post attached by DSguru2B. It always leads to Sign in page. I am sure all others can access it. It bit funny. I dont know what encryption logic is used by DSguru2B :wink:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I could reach it :roll:
No encryption. I am nice :twisted:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This might be your firewall.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Try it again, Mr Guru seems to have fixed it. It didn't work for me earlier, either, asked me to log in - classic example of what happens when you link from your own search results instead of straight to the topic. Works now. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mavrick21 »

Thanks DSguru2B
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Not only for this but for many links refered :cry:
I guess it should be firewall. But I am wondering how am I able to open pages directly using the same firewall.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Here is the original post. viewtopic.php?t=93365
Mamu Kim