Guidlines needed - DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jilpangs
Participant

Guidlines needed - DataStage

Post by jilpangs »

Hi,
I am looking for documents for the following :
a) guidelines to design and development of Data stage jobs (ETL standards document)
b) Change Management processes
c) Templates for Data stage design

The client has chosen datastage as the ETL tool and I have to come up with the above mentioned documents ASAP.. Your help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Jil
jilpangs
Participant

Urgent

Post by jilpangs »

Any help ? Urgent PLS.

Thanks
satyanarayana
Participant

Re: Guidlines needed - DataStage

Post by satyanarayana »

jilpangs wrote:Hi,
I am looking for documents for the following :
a) guidelines to design and development of Data stage jobs (ETL standards document)

The client has chosen datastage as the ETL tool and I have to come up with the above mentioned documents ASAP.. Your help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Jil

HI JIL,

you will find doc.. in ->start->programs->Ascential DataStage->onlineManuals
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Guidlines needed - DataStage

Post by DSguru2B »

jilpangs wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Jil
a) If you have not used the tool before, then its better to get trained. IBM does offer classes with their application package.
b) The only CMP available with a basic Datastage package is Version Control. The documentation can be found under the installed links to the online guide.
c) Need to have guidelines to design templates. Ready made templates could be available by individual solution providers with an appropriate fees.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note
We do not do "urgent" here. This is an all-volunteer site; no poster gets paid for posting. If you want "urgent" sign up with your support provider for premium service, and learn the true cost of urgent.

Lack of planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on ours.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Jil

Most of these developers have been paid lots of money to develop these documents. Only IBM might give them to you if they thought that somehow they would make money later by doing so.
Mamu Kim