Parallel for Windows ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Chuah
Participant

Parallel for Windows ?

Post by Chuah »

Hi,
I'm new to the Enterprise Edition so pls pardon this newbie type question.Can parallel jobs run in a Windows server if we install the Enterprise Edition in that server ?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but it must be version 7.5x2, which is the only version that has job compilation and execution capability for the Windows platform. With other versions you may be able to create parallel jobs, but you will not be able to compile or to execute them. Note, too, that you will need a C++ compiler; the recommended one is Visual Studio .NET.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Chuah
Participant

Post by Chuah »

ray.wurlod wrote:Yes, but it must be version 7.5x2, which is the only version that has job compilation and execution capability for the Windows platform. With other versions you may be able to create parallel jobs, b ...
Thanks Ray! One last question ,can a sequencer run a mix of server and parallel jobs in the same project if we have some existing server jobs which we don't intend to convert to parallel but just continue using as is?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes.

Or, more precisely, no.

A sequencer is that component in a job sequence that makes an "any or all inputs have fired" decision in a job sequence.

The term you needed in your question was "job sequence", not "sequencer".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.