Oracle Enterprise Stage Access Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mani_shahjee
Participant

Oracle Enterprise Stage Access Error

Post by mani_shahjee »

Hi All,
I am getting an error when I using oracle Enterprise stage.
I chacekd my user id and Privileges..Its all well defined but still getting
below error.
Can some one please let me know about this.

##I TOSH 000002 16:02:57(001) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 16:02:57(002) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 16:02:57(003) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
>##E TDOR 000172 16:02:59(001) <Oracle_Enterprise_12> Access to sys.dba_extents required but not available. Please see your dba for select privileges

Regards,
Maneesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You did not check well enough. You (that is, the user ID under which DataStage connects to Oracle) lacks appropriate permission to sys.dba_extents. You need to be able to SELECT from this system table. Arrange with your Oracle DBA to get such privilege granted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bala_135
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bala_135 »

Hi Maneesh,

You do not have DBA priviliges to the user you are accessing.Contact your database administrator to grant dba to the user you are accessing the tables.It will work.

Regards,
Bala.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You do not require DBA privilege, which you are unlikely to be granted in any case. You only need SELECT privilege. There are several system tables to which you require SELECT privilege when using the Oracle Enterprise stage; search the forum to learn what they are.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.