Fix for Crash / Abort with Complex Flat Files (CFF) Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rwierdsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Fix for Crash / Abort with Complex Flat Files (CFF) Stag

Post by rwierdsm »

Wow!

Thanks for passing this on.

One of the other DS developers just asked me this afternoon if I had come across something like this. I read this post, it was identical to her problem.

Folks, if you solve problems to your own posts, or come across something like Andy did, PLEASE POST IT HERE!

THANKS!

Rob W
Rob Wierdsma
Toronto, Canada
bartonbishop.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's also good to know that Jim Tsimis is still with the product. He has a happy knack of being able to solve the really strange errors. It was Jim, way back, who proved that the "replace delimiters with line terminators and write to sequential file" method of vertical pivoting was very fast. (Note also that you will not get direct access to Jim - he's part of the advanced technical support group, only called in when the (very experienced) front line technical support folks can't solve a problem or have identified a reproducible bug that may have a workaround). "We are not worthy!"
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.