sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samba
Premium Member
Premium Member

sequencer

Post by samba »

In Job sequence i need to call the parameters from table. How to call suitable parameter for particular job

How to do this???
Can you please give me suggestion for this

Thanks in advance
samba
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

You need to call parameters from what table? Could you please elaborate on your question. If you want to pass parameters to a job from another job with in Job sequence you could try using the "User Variables Stage" or it totally depends on your requirement. It would help us to help you in a better way if you could be more clear

Kris.
samba
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samba »

In Jobs what are the parameters i am passing for particular job, we need to insert thats parameters into table from the table we need to call the parameters to run job sequence

the job sequence has to run in different envinorments suppose its running in development need to get the paramaters from development table, in production get the parameters from production table(paramater)

In Job Sequence get the parameters from Table

Thanks
samba
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hope you are calling the Job sequence from a unix script.
If so export the parameter and its value to a file. Read it through the script and pass it to the Job sequence for each environment, say DEV, or PROD.
And inturns from Job sequence to the underlying jobs.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
samba
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samba »

No I need to do it in Job Sequence itself
samba
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is nothing within a job sequence that allows you to access a table. A job sequence processes no data whatsoever; it prescribes the flow of control.

Probably your best solution is to construct a job (a server job would do) to retrieve the values then use something like that job's user status area, a routine or a command or a User Variables activity - depending on where you put the retrieved values - to bring them into your job sequence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mallayagari
Participant

Post by Mallayagari »

[quote="ray.wurlod"]There is nothing within a job sequence that allows you to access a table. A job sequence processes no data whatsoever; it prescribes the flow of control.

Probably your best solution is to construc ...[/quote]
In your job sequencer make an extra job which is your first job in the sequencer which reads the parameters from tha table and writes to a flat file.
You can as well call a unix script in the sequencer.

let me know if you need more info.