Oracle NLS problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle NLS problem

Post by praburaj »

Hi,

When ever i read or write the data into the oracle 10G database
i am getting following warning

main_program: An NLS map <ISO-8859-1> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG

I tried changing the NLS map from the advanced tab of the oracle stage.its not allowing me to change because i am not finding the NLS
ICU codepage
How do i change it?
What should i do to rectify the warning?
Any inputs would be most appreciated

Thanks &Regards
Praburaj
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Not in advance tab, but you should be able to find a seperate tab called NLS Map under the stage tab.
Make sure the project default map is selected over the list.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just set the NLS_LANG environment variable appropriately.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
msarkar00
Participant

Re: Oracle NLS problem

Post by msarkar00 »

I faced the same problem while reading the data from an oracle table could u pls tell me how u resolved the problem??
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are NLS_LANG and LANG_C environment variables correctly set?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
msarkar00
Participant

Post by msarkar00 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Are NLS_LANG and LANG_C environment variables correctly set? ...
Where do is set them and what values should it contain..Pls send me some link if there is an info there already in the forum..I did nt find anything like that?

I am getting this err..
##W TDOR 000160 18:40:22(000) <main_program> An NLS map <-dboptions> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG
FATAL ERROR (APT_CharsetConverterRep::initConv()): -dboptions is not a valid codepage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NLS_LANG is an environment variable that can be set in the executing user's .profile file, or in the dsenv script for DataStage processes.