Unable to compile a parallel job after it aborts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sairamkrish
Participant

Unable to compile a parallel job after it aborts

Post by sairamkrish »

Hi,

Whenever i try compiling a parallel job after it aborts due to some reason i get a message as below

Cannot get exclusive access to executable file for job Jbname

Tried clean up resources option in the director , but it does not have any locks or resources to release. Please let me know the solutions

Thanks
Krishna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to make sure that every process (conductor, section leaders, players) associated with the jobs is logged out, is not holding any locks, network resources, file units or other resources.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sairamkrish
Participant

Post by sairamkrish »

ray.wurlod wrote:You need to make sure that every process (conductor, section leaders, players) associated with the jobs is logged out, is not holding any locks, network resources, file units or other resources. ...
Hi Ray,

Am totally new to parallel jobs ..Could you please tell me how do i make sure of that?

Thanks
Krishna
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

From the command prompt run the following to make sure there doesnt exist any locks.

Code: Select all

. $DSHOME/dsenv 
$DSHOME/bin/list_readu | grep jobname
IF you find any you can use UNLOCK option from TCL, since you have already tried using the director, the above may not be much helpful. As the final leftout option, you can use KILL to kill that particular process id.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to look in the job log to find out what processes were involved.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rony_daniel
Participant

Re: Unable to compile a parallel job after it aborts

Post by rony_daniel »

Also check if any of the jobs with different invocation id is still running for this job. If so stop that job and then try compiling the original job.
vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

sairamkrish wrote:Hi,

Whenever i try compiling a parallel job after it aborts due to some reason i get a message as below

Cannot get exclusive access to executable file for job Jbname

Tried clean up resources option in the director , but it does not have any locks or resources to release. Please let me know the solutions

Thanks
Krishna
Even if the Monitor is kept open, it would result in the same. Make sure even this Monitor Window[in Director, if you have opened it up] is closed and try compiling
Amit Nema
Participant

Post by Amit Nema »

Hi Krishna,

Clear the status files for the job (Without invocation ID) and then try to compile the job.It should work.

Thanks,
Amit
Hi I'm a data stage developer.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

I think Krishna is very busy :roll: orelse he might not be expecting these many suggestions or replies. :?:

Thanks
Sam