Warning message when using Aggregator for thefield Dec(15,3)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

spendem
Participant

Warning message when using Aggregator for thefield Dec(15,3)

Post by spendem »

Hi All,

I am getting a warning message with Aggregator stage for the Input field Decimal(15,3) when It is populated to output field Decimal(21,2) after the summation.
The warning message is:
Agg1: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "IMTRANSA_CLAIM" to field "IMTRANSA_CLAIM": Implicit conversion; from source type "dfloat" to result type "decimal[21,2]": Possible range/precision limitation

Any Idea on how to overcome this warning message?

Many Thanks,
Sandeep S Pendem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Declare the output column to have data type dfloat.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
spendem
Participant

Post by spendem »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your answer It worked out for the warning message but I am getting a new warning message as :

Agg1: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "IMTRANSA_CLAIM" to field "IMTRANSA_CLAIM": Converting nullable source to non-nullable result; fatal runtime error could occur (use modify operator to specify value to which null should be converted)

How to overcome this?

Many Thanks,
Spendem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make the field either nullable or non-nullable consistently (both sides of the Aggregator stage and elsewhere in the job).

More generally, don't do anything that annoys the product.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.