HAWK release status

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

djoni
Participant

HAWK release status

Post by djoni »

Does anybody know what's happening with the HAWK release?
When my office bought our license we were told that it would come out in October 2005.
Then, we got an update it would be 1Q2006, and then ... ?
djoni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No news is probably good news. The longer they spend getting it right, the better the end product is likely to be. Stay tuned, be patient. You are too late to enrol in the beta testing program. Have your vendor monitor the situation.

You can be certain that it will come out with much fanfare. My tip is that the announcement will be made at the huge information integration show IBM is running in Anaheim in October 2006.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

Thanks. I can't see your whole messsage. Anyway, my office will not participate in any beta program. We want to use the GA release. :cry:
djoni
ray.wurlod wrote:No news is probably good news. The longer they spend getting it right, the better the end product is likely to be. Stay tuned, be patient. You are too late to enrol in the beta testing program. Ha ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea: For less than $1 per week you can see the whole message.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

You really mean I must pay for seeing your message?
I thought it was a free informal public forum for DataStage practioners which was why I liked it.
djoni
ray.wurlod wrote::idea: For less than $1 per week you can see the whole message.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As the site has grown to over 12,000 participants and over 100,000 posts it became necessary to find some way to fund the bandwidth. For the first four years of its operation that funding came out of the Editor's pocket. But the sheer size of the site exceeded anyone's expectations - it now employs a webmaster - so some means for funding it had to be found. These include the training classes (so far there's only one, the Server to Parallel Transition Lab) and premium posters (there are only five; every one else's posts are free to see).
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

it now employs a webmaster
It has always employed a webmaster. Dennis has eaten this cost for years now. Now it is time to at least break even.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, I meant to say a full-time webmaster. :oops:
s_boyapati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by s_boyapati »

I heard from IBM sales guy regarding that. As per my understanding, It might be Q4, 2006 or by early 2007. Beta testing almost all done as per his understanding. Only few clients signed up for Beta testing.

Sree
ray.wurlod wrote:Yes, I meant to say a full-time webmaster. :oops:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you believe everything sales people tell you? :lol:
s_boyapati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by s_boyapati »

Ray,
I don't beleive even those time lines he mentioned to me. I consider those dates as "min imum time lines". I beleive those time lines definitely moves forward ....... :D

Sree
ray.wurlod wrote:Do you believe everything sales people tell you? :lol:
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

OMG !!! :cry:

[quote="s_boyapati"]I heard from IBM sales guy regarding that. As per my understanding, It might be Q4, 2006 or by early 2007. Beta testing almost all done as per his understanding. Only few clients signed up for Beta testing.

Sree
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

DataStage Hawk has completed beta 1 and is moving into beta 2. Read about it at Ground Control to Beta One, You've Really Made the Grade.
bmadhav
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bmadhav »

Beta2 was supposed to be launched end of May, but, now the latest update on Beta2 is that it has been postponed to end of June'06.
As Vincient said earlier, Beta2 is now going to be launched on AIX platform too.