doing lkup in 7.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS1
Charter Member
Charter Member

doing lkup in 7.1

Post by DS1 »

hello,,

I want to do a lookup on teradata table with data from dataset with the conditions --

when dataset.id = teraTable.id and dataset.date < TeraTable.date

The first condition can be fulfilled using the key option ,,,
but about the second condition of inequality .. how do i deal with it ,,
is there a way i can pass the date into the tera stage to be able to query such that only the appropriate data comes ????

can anyone please help me out with this

Thanks
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

why dont you do the lookup on id and use a transformer or modify stage for checking date condition.But i am not sure whether you will be able to do something in query.

Thanks
Sam
DS1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DS1 »

us1aslam1us wrote:why dont you do the lookup on id and use a transformer or modify stage for checking date condition.But i am not sure whether you will be able to do something in query.

Thanks
Sam
thanks for the help ,,, but if i use the method u are suggesting , are there chances or cartition product
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Lookup stage performs only equi-joins. You are probably better off performing the join in the database prior to receiving the result rows into DataStage. Of course, I am assuming that your other source data are also in Teradata; if they're not, you could readily load them into a temporary table and join that to the reference table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.