XML chunk

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anujgarg
Participant

XML chunk

Post by anujgarg »

Hi,

I have to generate the multiple repeating child elements(A,B,C) under one parent tag(D) which itself is child of another element (E).
So in this Case structure is like
E
|
D-
| |
| desc columns
| |
| A
| |
| A
| |
| B
| |
| B
| |
| C
| |
| C
| |
| C
|
D-
| |
| desc columns
| |
| A
| |
| A
| |
| B
| |
| B
| |
| C
| |
| C
| |
| C
|

How can we do this??
I have heard about xml chunk option but that i am not aware off.
Please suggest the solution for this ?
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi,

Are you writing to the XML output stage?. In the columns /Description , give the Xpaths and also sort the data before writing to the XML file.
Thanks,
Vinay
anujgarg
Participant

Post by anujgarg »

vinaymanchinila wrote:Hi,

Are you writing to the XML output stage?. In the columns /Description , give the Xpaths and also sort the data before writing to the XML file.
That I know,we have to give xml description.Normally we are able to repeat one element.

If we want to repeat then we can generate those tags seperately and then join on the basis of keys.But we aren't able to do that here.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Out of curiousity, have you been through the XMLPACK_20_Designer.pdf document? It goes over using the XML Output stage (and the others) in decent detail.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
anujgarg
Participant

Post by anujgarg »

chulett wrote:Out of curiousity, have you been through the XMLPACK_20_Designer.pdf document? It goes over using the XML Output stage (and the others) in decent detail. ...
Hi,
I have gone through that document.But I couldn't find any example nor complete relevant details or may be i am not able to grasp fully.
anntaylor
Participant

Post by anntaylor »

Can you make the D column the repeating element?