Importing multiple schema files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jking123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Importing multiple schema files

Post by jking123 »

I have multiple > 100 schema files which I would like to import into the table definitions. Is there a way I can import multiple. The only options I found are one by one which will be a pain.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm afraid you're in for pain. Have you tried multi-select (Shift-Click or Ctrl-Click) in the drop-down list of schema file names? That's about all I could suggest.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to convert into COBOL layout and import. I guess it should help you in importing multiple table defenitions at a strech.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
roy
Participant

Re: Did shift-ctrl-allt- even f9 :-(

Post by roy »

In another thread (that was deleted)
jking123 wrote:Am afraid I have tried almost all combinations.
One way I thought of was to create a job that creates tables in temp db using schema file and then importing. From DB is the only way I saw to import multiple schemas.
I tried one but it loses all the column / record formats like field delimiter. It defaults it to a comma.
Put here to continue the original post by forum moderator.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org