main program: segmentation fault

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

main program: segmentation fault

Post by michaeld »

I am getting a "main program: segmentation fault" error in my jobs when I run them. Sometimes it gives an unhandled exception error.

I have 2 lookup stages and two join stages. All lookups are done with an ODBC stage. input and output source is a sequential file stage.

The funny thing is that these jobs worked before, but now they throw this error.

I have read on this forum that I may need to set a higher max processes limit... how do I do that? I only have one node in my config. I'm using v7.5 in Windows 2003 Server.

Has anybody had this problem?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

Segementation fault covers a wide variety of possibilities; in Windows terms it's like an access violation - an attempt to access a memory address not owned by the process. It can - for example - be caused by trying to put more than N characters into a string[N] or string[max=N] field, or perhaps by using NULL as a key value. You are up for some detective work. You need to nail down in which stage in the job this problem is being caused, and by what data (if by data).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.