Possible Performance deterioration after upgrading to 7.5.1A

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavankvk
Participant

Possible Performance deterioration after upgrading to 7.5.1A

Post by pavankvk »

Hi

we recently upgraded from 7.0.1 r1(parallel) to 7.5.1A(parallel) and noticed the performance deteriorated.

Is there anything need to be changed in the jobs so that they can perform better.

Are there any checklist for upgradation.

I believe that the default commit level for 7.0.1R1 is 2000. Is this value the same for 7.5.1A. i suspect around this area may be responsible..

Any tips and tricks for older version jobs so that they perform better are appreciated.

Thanks for reading
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Do you have a copy of the pre-upgrade dsenv file (in the DSHome directory) or the DSParams file (in each project directory) that you can run a text file comparison on. Have you reverted to a default config file? Is there a trace parameter turned on? Is the deterioration only in jobs that insert or update databases? What about jobs that just read databases? Jobs that do not use databases at all?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have any proof (precise and accurate comarisons) with which you can berate the vendor? That is, do you have timings for exactly the same job using exactly the same data, sources and targets, on exactly the same sonfiguration? Or is it just an impression?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I would also look in the Adminstrator to see if buffering and how large your cache size is.
Mamu Kim