Auditing or statistic table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Auditing or statistic table

Post by vsi »

Hi, All
my source is sequential and target is DB2Load, now i need to get the auditing/statistic in Db2 table, this auditing/statistic table consist of columns: jobname, targetname, input read count, output count.
but this info i need after completing my job.
if anybody have idea, please let me know.
Thanks in advance

vsi
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Auditing or statistic table

Post by Sreenivasulu »

HI,

Came back after a long Vacation......

There is a specific audit tool provided by datastage called AUDIT STAGE.
It has does 5 levels of checking from Level0 to Level 4.
Record count can be found using level1
jobname can be found using the DSJobName function
targetname would also most likely have a DSLink function

Regard
Sreeni
vsi wrote:Hi, All
my source is sequential and target is DB2Load, now i need to get the auditing/statistic in Db2 table, this auditing/statistic table consist of columns: jobname, targetname, input read count, output count.
but this info i need after completing my job.
if anybody have idea, please let me know.
Thanks in advance

vsi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Process metadata, which is what you describe, is automatically captured into the job's log (from which it can be retrieved using the DSGetLog... functions in the DataStage API - that is, in a routine). Process metadata may also automatically be captured by MetaStage, provided that the job is running in MetaStage proxy mode. A "listener" gathers the process metadata from the job into the MetaStage directory.

AuditStage is inappropriate for process metadata; its function is to report to you what's actually out there. As is ProfileStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.