Datatype of the Vector in the output of Combine stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

syed_subhaan
Participant

Datatype of the Vector in the output of Combine stage

Post by syed_subhaan »

Hi All,
When i trying to convert a vector to individual columns by using the Transformer stage, it is giving me the following error.
Transformer_38: Error when checking operator: Input "ACCOUNT" is not a value field.
Following is my job Design
Row Generator -> Combine Stage -> Transformer -> Dataset
The vector that i am getting when i write the output of combine stage directly to Dataset is
[(001) (002) (003) (004) (005) (006)]

I have defined the vector as Varchar(37).
Could please help out with this.
Thanks & Regards,
Subhani Basha Syed.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Fix the first problem (Input "ACCOUNT" is not a value field.) first.

The numbers showing in your Data Set are indexes to vector elements. Each element is of data type string[max=37] (which is how osh refers to VarChar(37)). Each vector element is probably empty or null, because of the first error.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
syed_subhaan
Participant

Post by syed_subhaan »

ray.wurlod wrote:Fix the first problem (Input "ACCOUNT" is not a value field.) first.

The numbers showing in your Data Set are indexes to vector elements. Each element is of data type string[max=37] (which is how o ...
Hi Ray,
The number that were there in the dataset are not indexes, they are actual values of datatype char(3) which i have combined.
I am not able understand what would be datatype for Vector.
Could you please eloborate on this
Thanks & Regards,
Subhani Basha Syed.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A vector is a single-dimensioned array consisting of between 1 and N elements, all of which have the same data type. A vector may have a fixed number of elements, or a variable number of elements.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.