Problem in Join btwn Two Tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BVAP
Participant

Problem in Join btwn Two Tables

Post by BVAP »

Hi Everybody,
Iam trying to Have a join in between two tables based on a common field(Say CUST_NO).
I want to pick up Other field (Say ITEM) in Table 2 based on the Key between these two tables. But the problem is the Common field (CUST_NO) in the second table is not Unique. So when i try to test this join for one CUST_No say 123, i get one record from Table 1 and 2 from Table two resulting in 2 records after Join. If i observe these 2 records all the values are same except the ITEM. My requirement is to have a single record With both these ITEMS under field ITEM1 and ITEM 2 in my output.
Or is there any other way to get a single record with the values of these two Items in the same record.

Thanks In adv..
bandish
Participant

Post by bandish »

More info required on ur query:

For one CUST_NO can the number of records fetched from the reference table(table 2) vary.
I mean for CUST_NO 123 u get 2 matching records and for CUST_NO 456 u get 3 matching records.