type 2 implementaion in update problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravi_tubati
Participant

type 2 implementaion in update problem

Post by ravi_tubati »

hi folks,

while running the job type 2 implemetaion insert or update ca,t be done. Always job running mode. it will not whether successes or failure . Any one help me on this is really appricaiable

Thanks,
Ravi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Ravi,

you will need to explain a bit more about what your problem really is in order for anyone to be able to help you. I assume by "type 2" you mean you are doing a slowly changing dimension in your job. What database? What part of the job is hanging? Is it on the first row?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And you are correct that you can't use the 'Insert or update' action. You need to separate the two actions into different links as you'll need to insert all rows and possibly update old ones.
Last edited by chulett on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ravi_tubati
Participant

database db2

Post by ravi_tubati »

my databse db2 .In datastage iam trying to type2 which existing record then update ,new record will be insert when i am trying to start this operation my job hangup it can,t be perform successes or failure .
Can any one help me
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have your DB2 DBA show you that you are introducing self-locking processes. Then design your job in a way that this does not occur. Take note of the advice given by Arnd and Craig.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.