buffer(7),0: sendWriteSignal() failed on node PSADC1UXP031 d

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nick_6789
Participant

buffer(7),0: sendWriteSignal() failed on node PSADC1UXP031 d

Post by Nick_6789 »

Hi I am not sure what this error means.

buffer(7),0: sendWriteSignal() failed on node PSADC1UXP031 ds = 36 conspart = 0 Broken pipe

I am not certain which part this error come from as I have no access to the job design for this job.

However, could you indicate roughly what's the cause?

Could it be buffering problem derived from writing from one active stage to another?

Thanks in advanced.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this on a single (SMP) machine or multiple machines? The error has occured on the first node in the configuration file, and is a failure to write to a pipe. This most usually occurs because the process reading from the pipe is not draining it as fast as the writing process is writing to it, leading to the pipe becoming full. There *should* be handshaking occurring in a parallel job to ensure that this does not happen. Of course, if someone had killed the reader process, the same condition could occur, and the handshaking would not be happening.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.