Problem with XML job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Start comparing it carefully to your other Job....how do you read that xml from disk? That one works, right? Make this second job the same.

You now have the same thing, and for a simple test, you ought to have just one single column on the output, such as HCID, with a Description attribute of /ProductsAndRelations/@HC_ID.

I pushed you to a Server Job initially, but that was just to simplify things.....do this one just like your other if you are more comfortable with that technique.

You have to start small....tiny....try to get one piece, one column, working at a time.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
nani1974
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nani1974 »

Hi Ernie,
The second job is running fine but, some how the data is not coming out from XML input stage, i tried million ways but no use....its reading fine from the source,,,,i changed every thing and trying but no luck ernie...

Thanks
Kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Perhaps if you tried changing one thing at a time rather than 'every thing' and stick with one way rather than 'millions' you could have worked this out by now. We're way past the point where we have any idea what you've actually tried and what the result was. :?

At some point, there's nothing more that people here can do for you. We can't see what the heck it is you are actually doing, we can only go by what you say you do, assuming we can even grok it.

:idea: Is there anyone onsite there with you that can help, someone with more XML experience? Don't worry about the DataStage part, just the XML basics of what you need to do. If there is no-one else there, bring in your official support provider. Ernie has been a saint so far and stuck with this 'above and beyond' the call of duty, IMHO, time to give him a break and get some official help.

My two cents.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nani1974
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nani1974 »

Hi,
You are right,many many thanks to Ernie for his help...i know no one can help beyond this.

Thanks
Kumar
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Frustration often gets in the way of these things. We've all been there. I'm playing with some smart phone development on the side and know exactly what you are going thru. I nearly threw my machine across the room the other day before learning another deep behavior about java that I had never experience before. Was simple, but I wasn't seeing it.

Take a breath.

If you second job isn't aborting anymore, but isn't getting data....then you have made great progress! Be happy! Rememer, it originally was getting some ugly "DEBUG" error which simply was DataStage EE's way of saying "I don't know what the @#$$ I'm looking at". Take a look around at that particular problem independently --- when XMLInput Jobs run clean but get no data, it is almost always a problem with the spelling or specification of the xpath (the Description property on your output link), or a namespace issue [namespaces are there and they shouldn't be.....or they should be and they aren't, etc.].

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>