CFF Stage - Importing REDEFINES within the same record

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

parag.s.27 wrote: Try one option, it solved one of the similar problem in CFF which I've already posted in another post.

In the record option tab, select the encoding type as BIG-ENDIAN instead of Native Endian. And it should work. Also you can remove the group column while making the final selection of columns.
ENDIANs are something I did not touch because I did not understand completely what they are. However, since you pointed out that it solved a similar issue, I will give this a try!
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

parag.s.27 wrote: Try one option, it solved one of the similar problem in CFF which I've already posted in another post.

In the record option tab, select the encoding type as BIG-ENDIAN instead of Native Endian. And it should work. Also you can remove the group column while making the final selection of columns.
Sorry for getting back on this post after a long time. I tried this option in vain :(

I even persuaded our admin to open up a ticket with IBM on this and it has been almost a month, may be more, without any response! I am truly perplexed at the way CFF and Sequential file stages work w.r.t the COBOL Record files.

I have another interesting situation. I have a record layout (600 bytes long) and the 601st byte is a "*" denoting EOR. When I give this in the "Record Delimiter" for CFF, it doesn't even give out a plausible explanation of why it is failing. When I do the same in Sequential File stage it says:

Code: Select all

"Looking for '*' as EOR. Instead found '*\r\n"
I changed the "Record Delimiter" option in the stage to "*\r\n" and it reads everything very well except for...you guessed it...zoned decimal fields, which unfortunately are quite a few in the files that I will be dealing with. Why is this happening?

This topic is open for any kind of suggestions. Eagerly awaiting...
Vivek Gadwal

vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

Well, it is time to close this topic. I have done research on this and the decimal data that I was getting is "overpunch" and not zoned. I am unsure what the difference is, but PxCFF stage doesn't support this according to IBM. So, I requested them for an APAR and that should be created shortly.

Thanks for all your suggestions on this topic and I have learnt a lot from them. :D
Vivek Gadwal