Report on jobs currently running in DS server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

I forgot to mention, but not to rub things in, but when I architect ETL solutions I push for an externalized audit repository of tables. I use custom job control that pushes process metadata into those audit tables so that jobs status, start time, end time, comments, parameter values, link values, and other asundry items are all available realtime.

It makes it easy to hang a dashboard off the ETL process metadata so that anyone can see what's going on without having DS clients. It makes an OPs console system much easier to put together, as well keep permanent process metadata history.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

anton wrote:
chulett wrote:Actually, it is what you were asking for. Specifically, the automation part he mentions. ...
sorry, guys, i am not convinced.

and i am not willing to buy into something that has no proven its value to me.

thanks for trying.
That's OK, it's a free country, or so they tell us.

DSD.RUN is only for server jobs and job sequences. Parallel jobs run osh in the conductor and section leader processes, so there's no convenient way to identify distinct parallel jobs from a ps -ef listing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Good point. In the osh is there anything that identifies the job like link name?

If so then I would try get list jobs and links with a SQL statement into sequential file like:

project,job,link

I would grep for the link name then only run dsjob on the limited list. dsjob on every job in every project is a waste of time.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

kduke wrote:Good point. In the osh is there anything that identifies the job like link name?
No. :cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.