Need to call oracle functions in datastage.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

prasannakumarkk wrote:Can you please uncheck generate SQL and post the SQL that was already generated.

What all the parameters you configured in parameter tab and what is the column name mapped and paramter marker passed?
Please look into below issue:-

Hi,
I am facing strange issue.I have added insert function into before seq statement of target oracle connector stage,but when i am running a job,this function got invoked but when i am calling this job through sequence job its is not invoked.
Do i need some setting in sequence job to call functions in before sql statement.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

prasson_ibm wrote:I can not change these functions in datastage because it belong to different infrastructure team.
I did not ask you to change the functions; I suggested that you could replicate what they do using native DataStage functionality.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi Ray,
I discussed with team and i found there are many functions that we need to call for different databases and interfaces,they suggested that to call these functions in datastage instead of replicating into native stages.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First, that is not a function but rather a stored procedure. And you do not have access to row data in any "pre" or "post" areas - that's why it works when you "hard code" the values and then fails when you try to reference anything orchestrate related.

Lastly, there is absolutely no difference in how a job executes when you run it from the client or from a Sequence job. There is no missing setting. What makes you think it is not being invoked?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi Chulett,

Thanks for your information,my bad its working fine now...i was passing wrong parameter from seq and it was executing and not giving any result.