filepattern - reading list of files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

Hmmph...I received the same results. Try the cat command in the file pattern window: `cat yourfilename`

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
Satwika
Participant

Post by Satwika »

Hi jwiles,

Thanks for reply,

I have given with 'cat' in file pattern .. but i'm getting the follow error :

Sequential_File_0,0: Couldn't find any files on host SEW06728 with pattern CAT//\ \ H:/DEV_VIF0_EE/TEMP/TEST./*.

Do i need to enable /check any option :?:

Thank you
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Satwika wrote:I have given with 'cat' in file pattern .. but i'm getting the follow error :

Sequential_File_0,0: Couldn't find any files on host SEW06728 with pattern CAT//\ \ H:/DEV_VIF0_EE/TEMP/TEST./*.

Do i need to enable /check any option
That's what you get for hopping onto the end of someone else's thread. Yours is not the same issue - the original poster is on UNIX and you are on Windows. Please begin a new thread.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Satwika wrote:I have given with 'cat' in file pattern .. but i'm getting the follow error :

Do i need to enable /check any option
That's what you get for hopping onto the end of someone else's thread. Yours is not the same issue - the original poster is on UNIX and you are on Windows. Please begin a new thread.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.