TO export job through unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gssr
Participant

Post by gssr »

chulett wrote:Do you understand what that first slash means? I suspect not.

cd to $DSHOME/bin and then issue your ./dsexport from there. There are no .exe files on UNIX so do not incl ...
I tried the steps,

Code: Select all

1. cd to $DSHOME/bin
2. /dsexport /H=dstest /U=tuser /P=dstest /JOB=Testjob1 ETL_TEST /home/tuser/job.dsx 
I got the same message,
ksh: /dsexport: not found.
Did i miss anything?
RAJ
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes.

You missed learning anything about how operating systems work during your IT career to date. Neither UNIX nor Windows would cope with your syntax.

The pathname of the executable must be either a fully qualified pathname, or a pathname relative to the current attach point (current working directory). The current working directory may be represented as ".".

Therefore a relative pathname of dsexport, if you're in its parent bin directory, would be ./dsexport. Notice the leading dot?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gssr
Participant

Post by gssr »

Code: Select all

All exports from the DataStage repository are performed on the Windows workstation. There is
no server-side project export facility.
RAJ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:lol: I was wondering when we would get around to that little fact. Everyone got so caught up in the UNIX syntax issues from the original suggestions (and all the struggles there) that the fact that they were Windows client commands was never mentioned.

There is limited server-side import functionality via dsjob in your version. Later versions flesh out the server-side export and import functionality.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
gssr
Participant

Post by gssr »

We learned that one !!!!

Thanks for your thoughts,
RAJ