When checking operator: Dropping component

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

samyamkrishna wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:And the error message ID ? ...
There is no error message id in the warning.

or where will i find it?

Thanks,
Samyam
Double click to view the Detail of the log event.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

patelamit009 wrote:Hi All,

I was also facing the similar kind of error message in one of my job development in transformer stage as below.

Transformer_113: When checking operator: On output data set 0: Dropping component "keyChange" because of a prior component with the same name.

I tried all options that were suggested in the thread and i wasnt successful. Finaly, i realised the problem was due to RCP enabled in the job level. After unchecking it, i get rid of the error.

But, any one could help me out to understand how RCP related to this error ?

Thanks in advance.
RCP will propagate all columns present in any of the input links downstream - may they be explicitly displayed in the job design or not. This is helpful for jobs where You are working with dynamic input, but as You just discovered, it is very confusing if You are not. Your column is present in more than one of your inputs even though You can't see it in the transformer.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
Amber
Participant

I also faced the same issue.

Post by Amber »

I unchecked the RCP at transformation level. The problem is resolved. But I do not understand the relation between the problem and solution.