Read only access to Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

That user has to be in a group by itself and that group needs read only access. This user cannot be in another group with write access.

The &PH& works the same as RT_* files. This gets written to at run time. By the way DS_JOBS makes no difference at run time.
Mamu Kim
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Just ensure the folder has read only permissions defined for the "other" group and have a UID created that is not the "owner" or does not belong to the "group" definition assigned to the folder. This will give the UID only read permission of "other" to the folder.

Ex:
drwxrwxr-- 2 dsadm dstage 256 Jun 03 2008 DS_JOBS

the owner is dsadm and has permissions rwx
the group is dstage and has permissions rwx
the other has permissions r--

does that help?

In my test with IS v8.0.1 on AIX 5.3 the DS_JOBS required execute permissions for the job to start from the client or director. My UID security is from the OS not LDAP or the repository, not sure if that would make a difference.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your way sjfearnside with my project folder and DS_JOBs folder not for &PH& folder.

I will try it once and test it .

Thanks
Man
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Did you have any success with the unix permission of read only access for the group of other? The way you handle this could be different depending on your security.