How to run 2 jobs Parallel in JOB SEQUENCER

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you want them to start at the same time (plus or minus a second or two) you will need to write your own job control code with the two DSRunJob() calls adjacent. The code produced by a job sequence sets one job running before starting to set parameter values, etc. for the other.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kiran259
Participant

Post by kiran259 »

Why JOBA and Job2 are running at sametime when Job2 is conditional with JOBA?
Kiran Vaduguri

As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Possibly JobA finishes in less than one second. So they appear to start in the same clock second.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The OP has yet to post anything that looks like the actual start and end times of the jobs in question but rather has posted routine messages ("Dataset .. is deleted" ??) instead. I wouldn't make any judgments on what starts when until we see that. And we're just looking for a simple list:

Job name, start time, end time

For the three jobs in question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers