Date in Lookup Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:roll: WHY won't you do what I asked and post the result?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

ray.wurlod wrote:
I wrote:Add a reject link to the Lookup stage so that you can see exactly what values were sought.
What happened when you tried that? What value was in the date column that you used for a key, and subsequently was sent to the reject link?
I have incorporated the date field also on which the look up was done in the output file , but that is not getting populated , that is the date field and the id fields are blank in the output field. So it proves that look up is basically failing.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Until you create the reject link and report some values for the date column from it, you will be getting no more help from me on this thread. :x
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

As Ray said collect those failed(rejected) records in rejected link. To do this set Lookup Failure(in Constraints tab) to Reject and drag reject link from LookUp Stage.

And see why are those rejected ?
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Until you create the reject link and report some values for the date column from it, you will be getting no more help from me on this thread. :x
I have created the reject link and all the data from the primary link is going into the reject link.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

.. and do the dates (that you use as keys in the Lookup stage) look like the expected dates?

Now you need to check the dates in the reference Data Set, and verify the values of these.

Diagnosis is a painstaking, step by step process. You must proceed systematically, eliminating one possibility at a time.
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

ray.wurlod wrote:.. and do the dates (that you use as keys in the Lookup stage) look like the expected dates?

Now you need to check the dates in the reference Data Set, and verify the values of these.

Diagnosis is a painstaking, step by step process. You must proceed systematically, eliminating one possibility at a time.
Not all the dates are matching but there are some natching dates and for those the data should be there in the output file eliminating the non matching data.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Should be, would be, could be...

Show us (a) what the dates look like and (b) the data types (not just VarChar, the precision also). Show us the record schema from the stream input link and the reference input link to the Lookup stage. Tell us which columns are identified as Key. Otherwise we're guessing, and wasting everyone's time.
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Should be, would be, could be...

Show us (a) what the dates look like and (b) the data types (not just VarChar, the precision also). Show us the record schema from the stream input link and the reference input link to the Lookup stage. Tell us which columns are identified as Key. Otherwise we're guessing, and wasting everyone's time.
may be the reference file was corrupted , i have changed the reference file , now the job is running file but the output file is getting populated with even those dates that do not have the matching data with the id field having empty values.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Doubtless your "Lookup Failed" rule is "Continue" and the Lookup stage is therefore behaving as documented.
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Doubtless your "Lookup Failed" rule is "Continue" and the Lookup stage is therefore behaving as documented.
Yes the "Lookup Failed" rule is "Continue" and when i set it to "Fail" the job is getting aborted.
pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pravin1581 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Doubtless your "Lookup Failed" rule is "Continue" and the Lookup stage is therefore behaving as documented.
"Lookup Failed" rule is set to "Drop" and then the job is running fine with the desired output. Thanx for all the suggestions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Leaving the reject link in place would also have yielded the desired result.

Time to mark this thread as resolved?