Status of DS JObs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Sreedhar, why does your migration fails?
Unless the changed job is compiled the status of the job wont change. (Even if the job is saved). So once the job is compiled, the status will be available for the dsjob command may be with different output.
As noted, if the job is not at all compiled, you will get "Status code = -1004".
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Sreedhar wrote:-report is as good as the jobinfo but gives much more details then the jobinfo.

It has got three return values as jobinfo
1 - finished OK
2 - finished with Warnings
3- Aborted.
99- Job not running.

I understand if the stats of 1-3 indicates that the job is in executable form, that implies that it is has been compiled.
Correction: Status 3 means the job aborted and hence is not in executable form. It might imply that it used to be in a compiled state, once upon a time, but presently, is not in a runable state.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: I need dsjobs commandline process in datastage

Post by chulett »

anisubim wrote:please kindly reply, because i am implementing these steps in my project
Please kindly start your own thread.

Never mind, I see that you did. Anyone motivated to post on this subject needs to find the real thread and add your two cents there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Compiled jobs will display the Job Status from -jobinfo as - NOT RUNNING (99)
You make changes to the Job and save it, it still shows Job Status as - NOT RUNNING (99)

The person who makes changes to the jobs should be re-compiling it.

But I guess, the issue is happpening during the picking up of the jobs by your delivery team.
Can you give details of how they are doing it. Are they using Version Control?
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.