Looking for Parallel Extender Developer PDF Guide

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Didn't notice the promised Errors manual among that lot! :cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Izack wrote:
swades wrote:I am help less............Thanks for your help
Quote of the day.

There is a manual in the Information Server documentation called Parallel Engine Message Reference that describes errors with explanations and solutions. Looks like they haven't put it online.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Izack wrote:Good to know about this site, but just I can read and I can't do any thing practically
We can't really help you with that, you need to get access to some DataStage software. Given the price, you are unlikely to have the resources to purchase your own copy, so you will need to find work with a DataStage user somewhere.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

vmcburney wrote:
Izack wrote:
swades wrote:I am help less............Thanks for your help
Quote of the day.

There is a manual in the Information Server documentation called Parallel Engine Message Reference that describes errors with explanations and solutions. Looks like they haven't put it online.
It is available online priced at USD 3.10.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

balajisr wrote:It is available online priced at USD 3.10.
3 dollars and 10 cents.:? Where?
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

It is available in the same URL as specified by Vincent.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.ws ... 03&rs=2321
under WebSphere DataStage: Development category
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nice, thanks for reposting the link.

The first link on the page takes you off to the IBM Information Server Information Center where it says:
You can find the PDF books for all IBM Information Server product modules on the IBM Information Server PDF CD.
Anyone see or know how it can be obtained?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

chulett wrote:Nice, thanks for reposting the link.

The first link on the page takes you off to the IBM Information Server Information Center where it says:
You can find the PDF books for all IBM Information Server product modules on the IBM Information Server PDF CD.
Anyone see or know how it can be obtained?
Are they referring to the CD we get when we buy the product :?:

Some of the PDF specified in the link are freely downloadable but others are not.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

vmcburney wrote:All th eDataStage 8 documents are at the Product documentation ibm website including tutorials for DataStage parallel jobs and QualityStage version 8. There is not a huge difference between DataStage 7 and 8. You might be able to navigate the ibm website to find the version 7 manuals.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Maaan ... all the pdfs there are available for a PRICE.

ughhhhh are they serious ???
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

That is a bit of a crock. Charging US$48 for a PDF! What a ripoff. I can buy an entire series of Deadwood for that.

The Parallel Tutorial is free: http://www.elink.ibmlink.ibm.com/public ... 18-9889-00
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Vincent, I wonder where you get this link from!!!
If I go from the main page to the Parallel Tutorial, I get Information not found page. But your link works. :shock:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have a look at the DataStage support RSS page. I subscribe via Google reader and I found the link in the feed.