Protected project : Is this a bug??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Rick,

As you are awaiting response from IBM, as a workaround, why cant you export the job with "Job Executable" option that available in Manager?
Which will include the job with its compiled code. So you dont need to recompile at QA or Production or whaterver. As you can do the rest of the stuff you need.
But at the same time Recompiling will eliminate many enviromental issues.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Fawlty
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Fawlty »

[quote="rlewis"]Hi Chulett,

We actually opened a ticket, case, whatever with IBM on this very question. Unfortunately we haven't received a concrete response yet. I figured while we were waiting, I would tap the knowledgeable audience here for the 'in the field' experience .

R[/quote]

Restart your server, i think your job might have been got locked.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Welcome Aboard! :) I don't think it is as easy as that. :wink:
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Whale - I was waiting for you to give the welcome address.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Why wait? You could have done it yourself. :wink:
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

:lol:
rlewis
Participant

Post by rlewis »

Hi Fawlty,

Are you saying that in a protected project your expectation is that a Production Manager should be able to compile the job?

By the way, bouncing the server didn't change anything. :cry:

Oh and thanks for the welcome!