Job running long: Changed Seq file to Dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

[quote="talk2shaanc"][quote="ray.wurlod"]...Secondly, we are here not to correct anybody's english but to correct Datastage understanding. If language used by somebody is abusive or insulting, then we should raise a concern...[quote] Correct, but there is no need to use SMS type abbreviation when you have a full keyboard available. In addition, and more importantly, most of the member here [including myself] are not native English speakers and it sets a very bad example to use "u" "ur" and similar abbrevations. They might become part of the language in the future but they are not acceptable yet. Would you use these abbreviations in a resume or a formal report? Then why use them here where your audience is much larger? I feel that this is a professional forum, not a chat line.
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

I hate the word upgradations. I find it to be unecessary and redundant. I prefer ur over upgradation. At least ur makes sense to me. Maybe this forum should create their own VOC. :twisted:
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Comming back to OP's concern.
Vijay - For testing again, incremetally add one stage (Transformer, Filter, SORT and Aggregator) after dataset and insert it again to another dataset, and from which you can nail down the bottle neck.

Reg 'Borat' - WIYF (Wiki is your friend.)
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

Also will suggest to study dump score, I believe it should give you an indication of where and what is going wrong!!