RowCount from the DSGetLinkInfo always return zero

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

grace
Participant

Post by grace »

Can you please explain how to turn on the monitor?
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Go to DS Director, right click on your job and select "monitor" option.
Can you please explain how to turn on the monitor?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

This is to Monitor your row count. To turn it on, you have the variables in Datastage Admisntrator client.
Something like, DISABLE_JOBMON under monitor. Set it to true. Some other relevent parameters are APT_MONITOR_TIME and APT_MONITOR_SIZE.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
grace
Participant

Post by grace »

Thank you very much for all your responses, that was very helpful.
I did notice that we have a "Failed to connect JobMonApp on port" error, and after I restart the JobMonApp, I am able to retrieve the rowcount being passed down to the link, so this solved one of the mysteries.

But now back to my another question, does anyone know how to get the rowcount that actually be inserted/updated/deleted in an oracle table, not the rowcount being passed down?
:lol:
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Row counts are based on link names only. If you use update and then insert then there is no way to call an API to get this count. I do not think there is a way ask Oracle how many updated versus inserted either.
Mamu Kim
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As Kim mentioned, if you use seperate link for each Insert/update/delete you can count using the link count. Else if you have any lookup feature, maintain a internal counter using any stage variable.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'