Help: please has import error and no default value; data:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

ray.wurlod wrote:Are there any line terminator characters in your data? That is, is any of the "comments" multi-line in the source data?
I am not sure, there might be, because "comments" field is long defined as 4000 at lenght. if there is, how can I handle that?
Thanks,
Chad
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

mctny wrote:
I am still having problems, my ET job is writing to a seq file and it shows it is written 118 rows, but when I read it in a load job, it reads 125 rows of which 11 records are going to reject in the input ( in the rejects file for reading the seq file), I went to unix and check the file with wc and it shows 125 records, so the problem is with my ET job which is saying it has put 118 rows but it actually is putting 125 rows,
any thoughts?

thank you very much in advance
Did you try use reject link when writing to seq file and also set appropriate reject properties..
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

kris007 wrote:
mctny wrote:
I am still having ...
Did you try use reject link when writing to seq file and also set appropriate reject properties..
Yes I did, there is no rejects when writing to the sequesntial file, ET jobs says 118 rows are written ( in the designer when the job runs), and I made sure this should be the correct number of records.

the weird thing is unix shows it is that 125 rows are in the seq file, and the load jobs read it as 125 records and 11 of these records goes to rejects file during the reading of the seq file. I couldnot which job is guilty, the one that writes to seq file or the one that reads from?

thanks again
Thanks,
Chad

Post by ray.wurlod »

Pre-process the file using tr or sed or awk to replace all the line terminators within each line (but not at the end) with, perhaps, spaces
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

if u can try to remove carriage return and line feed before loading into sequential file and may be do it in database stage itself..assuming you are loading from database. and check to see if you are using the same metadata both while writing to and reading from a seq file.
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

I used a different delimiter, I think I solved the problem, the problem was as you guys said, some of the fields has new line character or the delimiter I was using before.

thanks a lot
Thanks,
Chad