connection to sybase

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pillip
Premium Member
Premium Member

connection to sybase

Post by pillip »

Hi,

What is the best connection for sybase database. Is it DRS connector or ODBC connector?

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You could use either, I suppose, but isn't there still a Sybase Enterprise stage in your release?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pillip
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pillip »

There is no pdf for sybase talking about enterprise stage, but in IBM knowledge center the enterprise stage does exist for 11.3.
It would be great if you can confirm that the Sybase enterprise and other native stages for sybase are still present and can be used in 11.3

However, compared to Sybase enterprise stage, do you think DRS or ODBC connector would be better to use?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Confirmation would have to come from IBM, not me, I'm afraid. Or perhaps others here, people actually using Sybase and your release.

I personally would not recommend using the DRS stage unless you actually understand and need the "dynamic" aspect of it. If you're going the ODBC route I would use the dedicated ODBC Connector rather than it. But of all of them (and as a general rule) I always prefer a "native" stage if one is available, one that uses the client software that comes with the database being accessed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers